Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow



If you know me, then you know I love long hair. I have always had long hair...it's just part of who I am. If you ask me to name a beautiful woman I would say: Angelina Jolie. Beyonce. Eva Longoria. Ali Landry. They ALL have long hair. I had really long hair at our wedding and then got it cut soon after. I've been letting it grow since, so it is pretty long. It also had some really bad split ends. I knew I would definitely be getting at least an inch cut off the length so I began looking at hair cuts in general. I have loved this hair style on Gwyneth Paltrow for a really long time.
I think this hair cut is gorgeous. I love the length and the color but this hair cut IS the style. There would be no ponytails or half pulled back and I cannot stand hair hanging in my face.I posted this picture on my facebook and the opinions on whether I should do it were really 50/50. Then I posted a picture of myself with my long hair. 
I had a lot of people saying to go for it, and a lot of friends saying to keep it long! I planned on having it cut up to about the top of my tank top. I thought all night about whether to cut it or keep it long and when I woke up I knew deep down that I could never have a cut like Gwyn's. It's absolutely beautiful, but she's a celebrity and I'm just me and I do wear pony tails more often than not. I needed it longer so I could style it. This is a picture of me right before I got dressed for my appointment!
Very long!!! I loved it!

Let me just say how much I love my hair stylist. Her name is Erin and I've been going to her for almost 6 years. Our relationship began around the same time as I started dating my husband! So I would say it's serious :o) She has never screwed me over in any way and always gives her honest opinion on my hair. She knows I loathe bangs, side bangs, short sides, razored edges, etc. and knows I love long hair, long layers, blonde highlights and being a red head occasionally! She rocks. When I got there today I showed her the 3'' I definitely wanted chopped off before we began anything. She snipped them and we started talking coloring. Ryan has wanted me to go blonde for the longest time so we decided we would do that (well, as blonde as a brunette can be without looking like a hooker). Erin foiled my entire head (it took an hour) and then I had to sit under the steamer and sweat for 15 minutes. Rinse, wash, condition, rinse again and we were ready to get out the shears. I told Erin to cut it up to my shoulder blades. She gave me a mirror to look at it. I looked in silence contemplating for honestly a good 30 seconds before I said, "take off another inch and a half." Erin chopped that off and then I closed my eyes until it dried and styled!

I'll admit. I was scared to death to look in the mirror. Erin gave me the mirror again to look at the back and I think she was holding her breath! I finally said, "I love it!!" and that was the truth. It is a huge, huge change for me but I'm glad I did it. My hair feels a lot lighter, bouncier and healthier. Here are a few new pics!

It looks crooked because I'm leaning back on one side!
I love it! What a huge difference and overall I lost about 9 inches. But I'm definitely more blonde and way shorter hair but I absolutely am very happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment