Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Trip to Germany




 First, an apology to everyone who reads my blog. Just as I thought I would seriously get my butt back into blogging on a semi-regular basis, my mom and I had to make an emergency trip to Germany. My grandma was visiting her relatives with my uncle and his family, when she collapsed at the airport. She ended up spending 10 days in the hospital in Frankfurt with a pulmonary embolism. It was then discovered she had blood clots in her legs and she wasn't cleared to fly home with the rest of the family. Since I have yet to find a job and my mom only works one day a week, her and I flew over on June 23 and returned home on July 1. Here are a few photos from our trip! Because of my grandma's condition, we were unable to do any traveling and sight-seeing, but we stayed with the most amazing family members (Hi Guenther and Christel!) and had a wonderful time.
Friedberg Castle

Strausel & Lilli. I was obsessed.

Part of the Budegen Castle. Beautiful.

haha, this was our car! a lime green Ford Fiesta. I was surprised- this little pea had green giant pep on the autobahn.


No comments:

Post a Comment