Saturday, August 17, 2013

Staturday Week 5 August 12-August 16

This is a tough post to type. Last week I decided to move onto the Beta round. I'm glad I made that decision because I was starting to get burnt out on Alpha and I really, REALLY love Beta. I was so scared to start it because of all the reviews saying it was so much harder, but I actually think it's easier. It is more fun and I feel like I'm getting a great workout.

Core Cardio- There's not a single move I can't do. It was fun.

Speed 2.0- Easily my new favorite dvd!

Ript Circuit- I was terrified on Wednesday to try this because it's the grown-up version of Total Body Circuit from Alpha. To me it was better than TBC. There's not near as many planks either.

Dynamic Core- Again, easier to me than Ab Intervals from Alpha.

Upper Focus- A lot of lifting. I used a resistance band AND Core Cardio (double Friday). My legs were on fire trying to get through Core Cardio.

And my results. This week I didn't lose a single pound. All along the way I have been documenting and taking pictures so I think I can tell a difference. The pic on the left was taken almost 2 weeks ago and I saw some definition. The pic on the right was taken last night pre-workout and I think my stomach looks a bit flatter. I love how there is a different dog sleeping in the background on both pics :) The difference in these pics is about 2 lbs. I also feel stronger and my endurance has skyrocketed. I can do all the workouts without being completely exhausted at the end. As I've said all along though, I'm someone who needs to see the scale move. I may try doing doubles 3 x a week next week. I'm also going to work on cleaning up my diet. My friend ordered Shakeology so although I said it wasn't worth it, I'm thinking of taking the 3 day challenge with her again.
This week I went back to my job. They called me back for a middle school position. I was definitely in for a shock when I transferred from K-3 to grades 7 and 8. I cannot even believe the amount of disrespect the kids have for themselves, their peers, and their teachers. Towards the end of the week they realized I was serious and started listening a bit more. It's going to be a long year if I had to constantly remind them to stop their back-talking. Two girls got in a fight on Monday and voluntarily chose not to return for the rest of the week, and on Tuesday the principal suspended a boy in our program and a boy in another camp for fighting. I think I have my work cut out for me trying to raise enrollment when I heard every student say how dumb school is. It makes me sad to think these kids are our future.

Here's this week's photo dump:

I had this created before posting the top pic so the one is a repeat. Sunset out the road, spider web in the grass, Coala taking a selfie with me and finally (finally!!!!) some work being done on the backyard where the new septic system went.

No comments:

Post a Comment