Sunday, April 22, 2012

A new year, a new me

New Year's Eve 2011

I weighed 137 on NYE 2011. Ryan and I went out with our friends Brice and Ashley to Monterey Bay Fish Grotto in Pittsburgh. It was a fabulous time with two of our closest friends. I was the DD since I have really limited my alcohol intake anyways.

New Year’s Day I really took time to decide what kind of resolution I should make. Lose weight? What a cliche! I decided just to be the best, healthiest version of myself I could be.

I hit my goal of 135 on Monday January 9, 2012. I also started increasing my calories upward of 1200. Yes, I was losing weight on a low-calorie diet. But I knew it would be impossible to sustain eating that way forever. I was scared I would begin to gain weight, but that never happened. I cycled calories (1200 today, 1800 tomorrow, 1550 the next day, etc) and through that gradually increased to a daily caloric intake of between 1800-2000 calories daily. I was working out a lot too. It was winter and I was unemployed. I would walk/jog about 6.1 miles a day on my treadmill.

On Friday January 27, I reached 130.6. For the next week and a half my weight was between 130.2 and 132.6. For the life of me I could not get down to 129. I complained to Ryan. Bad idea. He flipped out on me for becoming obsessed with my weight loss. He couldn’t understand that it wasn’t an obsession (okay, maybe a little) but dedication. I couldn’t have come all this way only to be stuck at 130.2. I worked out like a crazy person. I would interval train. I was lifting weights. I cycled calories like there was no tomorrow. I couldn’t get the scale to budge. I thought I should buy a new scale. I probably wore mine out.

On Sunday February 5 I weighed in at 129.6. The following Monday I was 128.8. I had officially lost 50 pounds. My BMI was 22.7. I didn’t remember the last time I weighed under 130.

None of my jeans fit anymore. Luckily since I stayed home I was able just to wear sweat pants and work out clothing. I went to American Eagle to see what size I could buy. I walked out of the store with a pair of size 6 jeans and a couple of size small shirts.
Mid-January 2011, approx. 135lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment