Sunday, April 22, 2012

Welcome!

Easter 2012
Hey everyone! I just started this blog! If you’ve just stumbled upon it, let me tell you a bit about me and why I am beginning to blog.

My name is Rebecca and I’m 26 years old. Happily married since November 2009 to my college sweetheart and we have two dogs Nittany and Luna. They are my babies! And we also currently have a pregnant cat, Kitty, who is ready to pop any day. Yay kittens!

I think I’m way behind on the blogging train! But, my computer skills aren’t exceptional and I think this will be a great learning tool for me. I really want to blog my everyday cooking and baking experiences, plus my new, healthier lifestyle.

I didn’t look quite anything at all like this 7 months ago! My husband Ryan and I went to a football game and I saw a picture of myself the next day. Needless to say, it wasn’t very flattering. I knew I had gained some weight, but I had no idea who the person standing next to Ryan even was. More than that, I didn’t like her. Physically and mentally.

I decided to take charge of my life and get healthy. At age 25 I had a BMI of 31.9. (That’s fat-ass obesity for those of you not familiar with the BMI calculations. A healthy range is between 18.5-24.9) I was wearing a size 14 and American Eagle doesn’t carry anything larger in their stores. I had a double chin, a flabby stomach and a very unhealthy diet and attitude.
By dieting and exercising, I have lost 53 pounds in the past 7 months. I ate everything I wanted in moderation and discovered I enjoy working out. I also have greatly improved my cooking and baking skills and have received many compliments.

This blog is a journey of where I’ve been and also where I hope to be. I will be posting many recipes of dinners I make, and of the baking I do, and also following my daily caloric intake and exercise regimen because I still would like to lose 15 pounds. I will also include quotes, photos, daily life, and things that keep me motivated!

Hope you stick around and enjoy. If I can inspire just one person to take charge of their life and make the decision to become healthy and happy, it will be well worth my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment