Sunday, April 22, 2012

A very merry Christmas

Christmas 2011 with my favorite gift!
Weighing under 150 was a huge deal for me. It was the best birthday gift I could’ve received, and I did it for myself. My confidence was getting better each day. I knew I should start setting other reachable goals for myself at this point so I had something to work towards. A lot of people make their goals unattainable, so I decided I had to be realistic. My goals were as follows:

Christmas- 143 lbs

Valentine’s Day- 135 lbs

Final- 130 lbs

I didn’t create a timeline for my final goal weight because I knew as I inched closer to it it would take more work to achieve and I didn’t want to set myself up for failure.

I had 4 weeks exactly between my birthday and Christmas and knew losing 6-7 pounds was something I could achieve. I baked like crazy right up until Christmas and sampled everything along the way. Because I weigh myself daily I wasn’t surprised, but I was genuinely happy when I weighed 140 on Christmas morning. I had beat my goal by 3 pounds. What a great Christmas present to myself (the stand mixer was from my parents…best gift ever and blue to match my stone backsplash)

More than the gifts I received, many of my family members began asking about my weight loss. Ryan’s family was extra supportive and encouraged me to continue on as well.
Christmas Eve 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment